Yes, they can!
Soccer Shots Los Angeles specializes in Pre-K aged students so we feel we can totally answer that one, hands down! Our expertise is running enrichment programs that use non-competitive soccer games to teach 3-5 year old children socialization skills such as listening, following directions, team building and physical agility. And soccer is our “spoon full of sugar.”
It’s child first, soccer second. We strongly believe that through innovative and creative non-competitive games, positive role modeling and just plain having fun, children will learn how to work together, have fun and learn at the same time.
Our Goals (get it?) and Coaching Philosophy:
To approach every session with two objectives: FUN for every child and LEARNING new skills and concepts. These two objectives work together, and our mission is not fulfilled if both objectives are not sought.
To make the experience POSITIVE for every child enrolled. Small accomplishments for some can be HUGE! We take a “you can do it!” approach to everything we teach. Constant encouragement is essential to this philosophy.
To influence children in areas of healthy living habits – we talk about eating right, exercising daily, taking care of our bodies (warm up/ stretch), and enjoying activity, even if it’s not soccer.
To influence children in areas of strong character: Character traits such as leadership, a teachable spirit, positive attitude, and encouragement are just a few examples of character traits we hope to pass on to the children we work with.
To Achieve Goals:
• 30-40 minute sessions, once a week for 8-10 weeks with maximum of 12 children in each class.
• We go into the schools where the children are in a familiar setting, learning something new with their friends.
• Each session has a specific lesson plan integrating games and activities for the children to play.
• Each week a set goal is reached by the end of class to create a sense of accomplishment and job well done.
• Our soccer coaches are not volunteers but trained professionals who excel in positive role modeling, high energy, creativity and a love of the sport.